Counterpart of lease of 3 pieces of land in West Street 1769
For PDF version of document click this link > BTT 1168-6 front
Counterpart of lease of 3 pieces of land in West Street where Rolls shop formerly stood, on north side of road leading to Town Quay and house and 2 shops at upper end of the Pit. 22nd April 1769. Bailiffs John Grant (Wheelwright) and Thomas Midlane (Husbandman) to Philip Long. Mentions late Matthew Grant, John Dove, Edward Wood, Lady Richards, Robert Blashford, William Dore, Sir William Oglander. Signed by Jurats: John Westmore, Michael Midlane, John Dove, James Cooper, James Kemp, Thomas Whitebread, James Jenkins, Robert Cotton, William Baker, James Benstead, Benjamin Salter, John Yelf, Richard Gilbert. No map.