Methodist Church July 2016
MP 1127 Brading Methodist Church July 2016
See also MP 1133 for c1920 postcard. The present Church was built in 1867 on what was then the edge of the town on a difficult sloping site, but this enabled a main hall currently seating 60 at road level and a hall underneath. The Church contributes strongly to the social life of the town with Sunday School, Youth Clubs, Coffee Mornings and regular worship. The illuminated Cross on the front was installed in 1977, and a new extension with kitchen and upper room was built in 1988. In 1999 the interior of the Church was completely repaired and redecorated.
The photo above was taken on 1st July 2016 while the kitchen was being re-fitted following a fire in the bins adjacent to the church.